Kasich’s Commencement Address
December 17, 2013
Governor Kasich gave a sermon at the University of Cincinnnati graduation over the weekend. Pretty good! (By that I mean that it was a pretty good sermon, but by that I also mean that being so explicitly Christian in such a culturally mainstream context is a pretty good accomplishment these days.)
- Know what you want and where you’re going.
- Everyone was created with a particular set of gifts. If you’ve never thought about that before, take some time to figure out what yours might be and how you might use them.
- There’s nothing wrong with being rich, but the pursuit of material wealth for its own sake is empty.
- We should all try to be like the Good Samaritan.
- Any good that you do is never lost; it will follow you through eternity.
He also led with a pretty funny story about meeting the president during his freshman year of college.