Memes against Obamacare
September 27, 2013
NRO brings us a round-up of some of the Obamacare-related memes that have been circulating. Some of my favorites:
Also at NRO, Jim Geraghty goes into the details of some of the many ways that Obamacare is falling apart before our eyes, illustrated with animated GIFs of train wrecks.
Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) said Wednesday he fears a “train wreck” as the Obama administration implements its signature healthcare law.
. . .
“I just see a huge train wreck coming down,” he told Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius at a Wednesday hearing.
In what I can only assume is a desperate last-ditch effort to improve public opinion on Obamacare, the White House has apparently started an anonymous Tumblr blog to use cute animal pictures to sell Obamacare. (No, I am not making this up!) Freedom Works responds in kind. Jim Geraghty has some pretty funny ones:
It may well represent the best political opportunity for Republicans in more than a decade. If they take the Senate in 2014 and the presidency in 2016, it will not be too late to repeal Obamacare. At the rate it’s going, it probably won’t even be fully operational by then. But Republicans will have to cease their fratricide to take advantage of it.
On the other hand, John Fund argues that Cruz has done some real good politically by doing this.
Ramesh Ponnuru explains some of the ins and outs of what’s going on.
- “Obama Campaign Promised Obamacare Would Reduce Annual Health-care Spending by $2,500 per Average Family; Obama Administration Now Admits Obamacare Will Increase Health-care Spending by $7,450 per Average Family over Eight Years”
- “Obamacare Already Breaking Promises to Reduce Costs, Insure Everyone”
- “Obamacare Won’t ‘Solve’ Uninsured Problem, Either”
- “More on Obamacare”
- (Even) “More on Obamacare”
- “‘Reality can get 2% of the vote, and it will still trump everything else.’”