Things You Hear on NPR: Democrat Whistleblower Some Kind of Partisan Republican Ploy
May 13, 2013
Actually, if you only listen to NPR and other liberal media (which you shouldn’t), you might never know that whistleblowers like Gregory Hicks—a formerly high-ranking official of the Obama State Department and a “registered Democrat who voted for both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama”—have been testifying about how the administration failed to protect our diplomats in Libya and then tried to cover it up.
- Mark Steyn, as usual, is must-read material.
“The Benghazi Lie: A failure of character of this magnitude corrodes the integrity of the state.”
- Similar from ABC News (for anyone who won’t believe it until someone in the liberal news media admits it), and
- Andrew McCarthy, “Obama’s Betrayal of Islamic Democracy: The mishandling of Benghazi undermined a prominent Muslim moderate.”
Magariaf’s condemnation of the Benghazi terrorist attack was an announcement to the world that there are prominent Muslims willing to run the risk of taking on the jihadists — the very thing we justifiably complain that we don’t hear nearly enough of from self-professed moderates. It was also an announcement that there are Muslims prepared to stand publicly and strongly with the United States, even if that means influential sharia jurists will condemn them for breaking ranks.
None of this was lost on the White House. Yet President Obama dispatched Susan Rice to the Sunday talk shows anyway . . . . Rice directly contradicted Magariaf, maintaining that the attack on our compound resulted from a spontaneous “protest” provoked by a hateful video defaming Islam’s prophet. This disgusting performance — mounting evidence proves she knew what she said was false — badly undermined Magariaf’s credibility. Worse, it implied that the jihadists who murdered our officials were justified in their rage, if not in their savage actions — i.e., that sharia blasphemy principles trump the free speech that any real democracy must have as its foundation.
- Congressman Darrell Issa (pronounced ice´-ah) summarizes the whistleblowers’ testimony and its significance and links to video of the testimony
- This has even made it onto the Web site of the liberal Washington Post, albeit in a conservative’s blog.
- Steyn also suggests an additional possible motivation for some of the liberal news media’s tender treatment of Benghazi beyond mere ideological kinship.
- “Muslim Culture Still Not Compatible with Liberty, West: U. S. Embassy and Consulate in Egypt and Libya Attacked”